View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
SamCassidy
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Awesome! that would be great.

First and foremost, did your main gear / main shaft assembly come with multiple thickness shims to put between the top of the main gear and the lower bearing block for the shaft?

Mine only came with one shim aside from the one in the main gear assembly, if I install everything w/o the shim I have maybe 3-6 thousandths vertical play in my main shaft / head, but if I try to install it with the shim there isn't enough clearance on the bottom of the shaft / gear to get the jesus bolt all the way through, I tried for a good hour.

Is there any way to make sure my torque tube is all the way in / installed correctly? I got to the last few hours of my build and found that the tube was slipping, there went 3+ hours of wiring + another 4 hours pulling the tail block and all out of the frame and getting it back in, pain in the ass.

third, how is the clearance between your servo wires and the gears for the TT assembly? (assuming your wiring is the same as mine) Its close on mine, have it shrink wrapped and zip tied but it is still close enough to scare me a little bit.

It's late, ill sleep on it and try to remember some other things I was having trouble with, I think there were one or two more.

Thank ya for the help.