View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #129 (permalink)
Delll
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Thumbs up Blade 450X with Telemetry

Hi All

Just thought I'd post a few pics of my 450X with telemetry.

I have installed:
1) RPM sensor

2) Voltage sensor

3) Temp sensor - I have this around the base of the motor, similar to a previous post by another user in this thread. It's a close as I can get it and 2 drops of glue hold this in place. The glue wasn't really necessary as it was pretty tight in there, but just to be 100% safe.

4) Altimeter - on the left of the frame. Works really well, just a pity it occasionally
initialises at negative altitude (about minus 1 meter). That does correct slightly, but still end up negative when landing. I can understand it going negative because of change in weather etc, but starting at negative seems wrong. Oh well.

5) G-Force sensor - not that useful on a helicopter, but still fun to look at the graphs etc, so I put it on. At the moment my flying limit is fast forward flight with stall turns and the occasional stationery rolls and flips. But I imagine the g-forces will be interesting for all you guys who are doing more serious 3D flying.

I use the TM1000 and the STi iphone/ipad adaptor.

In all this adds approx 70 grams to the weight. It still flys perfectly well and is very stable. I fortunately haven't had any issues like I've read about on this forum.
All other items (except the canopy) are standard. I prefer to keep it this way to avoid all the technical issues I've read about with changing parts or upgrading. I'd rather spend the time flying. Having said that my motor will probably fail on my next flight!

The only issue I have is with the RPM gauge on the telemetry app. The RPM sensor occasionally jumps to the extreme right on the gauge and the readout changes to "infinity". It stays like that for about 5 seconds and them goes back to the correct reading. It's the latest app version and iOS version. Happens on both iphone 4s and ipad2. I've read about another person on Helifreak also experiencing this - no solution yet. The RPM graphs are fine, which shows the data is getting to the app fine. It's just the gauge. Luckily I only use the graphs, so not really an issue, but if I have someone with me watching the app they can't monitor the RPM at times. The read out on DX8 screen is always correct. Strange??

I am really impressed with the 450X. It's my first collective pitch and I have about 30 flight on it (5 - 6 min each). I'd recommend it highly.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on the 450X thread - really useful to read.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations on my telemetry setup. Or a solution to the telemetry app RPM issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	321403   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	321404   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	321405   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	321406   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	321407  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 6.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	321408   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 7.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	321409   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 8.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	321410   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 9.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	321411   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 10.PNG
Views:	382
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	321412  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 11.PNG
Views:	305
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	321413   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 12.PNG
Views:	330
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	321414  
Delll is offline        Reply With Quote