View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
catpainkev
Registered Users

Default New to CP Pro 2, thus far not impressed !

Hi Chaps

Been flying the backside off of my BL MCPX and loving it...getting some inverted and basic 3D in..

Saw a Blade CP Pro 2 at what I thought was a reasonable price so snapped it up thinking it'd fill the gap between my MCPX and my Raptor 50 as it clearly says on the box Lightning-fast cyclic response....3D blah blah

In reality it couldn't be much father from the truth...I bound it to my Futaba FF9 with DM8 spectrum module as I didn't really want to use the supplied Tx...I configured it all statically on the bench then took it out for a tester

First hover was disastrous, lasted 10 seconds and that was mostly me immediately trying to land it straight on the skids..but it tipped over, broke a blade grip, horizontal fin and lost a pitch link !

The cyclic response was absolutely dreadful, once airborne it was wafting around on it's own all over the place taking very little notice of my desperate corrective inputs

I put it back on the bench, put a new blade grip on and then noticed that the rubber O rings had popped out of the rotor head so I re-fitted them, but the blades grips still had a lot of end float (there is one shim each side). I also removed the flybar weights at the paddle end.

Back outside again for another go...it did exactly the same thing as before, and as I attempted to get it back on the grass it tipped over again...this time bending the main and feathering shafts...also the rubber O rings had popped back out of the rotor hub again too...

So, as the title says..not impressed..and I assure you guys...it's no 'pilot error'...

I'd certainly appreciate some encouraging words from those that have them too as to what could be wrong with this one

Many thanks

Kev
catpainkev is offline        Reply With Quote