View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
n808
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I recently picked up my Vbar systems after a 2 year break from the hobby. On a fresh Windows 7 32-bit I installed software version 5.3, and its drivers. It was working fine, but refused to work with my older version 4.0 hardware. I uninstalled version 5.3. Then I installed version 4.0 software, but it was unable to find my Vbar system with the 5.3 drivers.

So then right clicked the vbar device in Device manager, chose Uninstall and checked the box for delete driver. Next I try to follow the instructions above to install the drivers that came with version 4.0, but Windows only says it cannot find any drivers in the locations I enter. This is 32-but Win7. I have tried all possible version 4.0 driver locations.

What's also strange is that the Vbar device does not have an exclamation mark. It has a question mark and is listed under "Other devices"..

Any help is greatly appreciated! I have 3 Vbar systems I am unable to program.

EDIT: I was able to resolve the problem:

Step 1) system restore to before installing 5.3 drivers. This changed driver ?-mark to !-mark in Device Manager.
Step 2) Then I manually updated drivers, but instead of being "smarter than windows" and pointing to the 'x86' driver subfolder (32-bit system) I just pointed to the top level 4_0Stabi folder. Then Windows was able to find and install the driver. I also installed version 5.3 software, as I plan to upgrade at least one of my systems to 5.3 Pro, and both 4.0 and 5.3 software versions could now see my Vbars.

Thanks also to Rainer who personally replied to my mail to Mikado!

Last edited by n808; 08-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Problem resolved
n808 is offline        Reply With Quote