View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
KySky
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
Hi guys,
The other day I had my first crash with the 450x. I was trying some light 3d after flying my bl mcpx and didn't think about the change I just made form one hei to another, and I tryed flying the 450x like I did my bl mcpx....lol anywway..... long story short did some flips which ended up going over my head about 30 feet up heading for the house. Thying not to hit house and lost control hiting throttle hole just befor inpact.
Tempt,

Glad to see your getting the help you need here to get you back in the air. I've been lurking around for a while in this thread preparing for that day when I get a 450X. Hopefully I be prepared just before spring. Iím currently getting comfortable with my stock mcpx and now moving on to learning some basic aerobatics on it, like roll/flip/invert hover because these are the maneuvers I want to perform one day on the future 450X.

Without straying too far off topic, I was hoping you would elaborate a little more about you not ďThinking AboutĒ the difference in light 3D flying from the your BL mcpx to the 450X. Also, I you mentioned that you had over 100 flights on the 450X with no problems. Was this prior to you trying your first light 3D flying resulting in your first crash?

My point being, I want to know IYHO should I be learning my basic/simple aerobaticí s on something else other than the mcpx and before trying it on an 450X? Is there a better/wiser in between heli to practice with? I know unless you had an in between heli you may not be able to comment on this part on my question, but if you had it to do over again what would you do different, if anything?

Iím sure you will be back in that air soon thanks to these guys here. Iíve gathered tons of notes here and want to say thank you helifreaks. Iíve grown further here in 4 months than I have in 10 years combined
450X V2, mCPX V2, 120 SR, DX6i TX, icharger 106b & Junsi P350 Watt DC, Hyperion & Glacier Batt's, EP Buddy Safe 40A ParaBoard, RC Logger Digital Pitch Gauge, Maglev Blade Balancer, Quantum LV Alarm & Voltage Tester, T3chDad RC Flight Log Android App
KySky is offline        Reply With Quote