View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #2039 (permalink)
Ampdraw
Registered Users

Pretty late to the BLheli on main "party" but I hope everyone hasn't left to go flying and can offer some confirmation.

Been running it on tail though.

So just want to confirm I understand the power up sequence etc. This is for a XP3A BLheli V6.0 on main on a Nano cpx.

Firstly I don't have a toolstick but have stick programmed the tail esc's no problem. Tedious but easy.

If I were to run TX mode:
Power up heli with zero throttle,
Set top point in Norm to be my goal throttle for idle up flight (say 65) (so 0,inh,32, inh,65)
So power up with zero, raise throttle fully to this 65, drop back to zero > ready.
Flick to idle up (which would be flat 65 to match the 65) and fly

Correct? ...and if I did the above and had idle 2 at flat 70 and switched to this after doing the above 65 power up would the esc change as requested or not see any higher than 65?

Secondly pretty sure I want to run arm mode as I can then use the idle up curve for tail mix yep?
So if I were running arm mode... top throttle is saved by the esc and it then disregards idle up throttle curves in relation to main and uses them to deviate the tail "pre comp"
So..
Enable arm mode by stick programming.
Set norm as above 0,32,65
Power with thr zero, max throttle input in norm (65), zero throttle >fly in idle up
Play with idle up throttle curve keeping 100 at the ends for max tail and drop the centre value appropriately to achieve potentially a better tail. Hopefully this may reduce the slight nose left the Nano does as the pitch zeros at the top of an agressive climb.
Any point in an idle 2 curve at all?
...and can I tweak idle tail mix during a flight

Sorry for all the queries and I'm sure this has been covered.

First governed setup ever (in case it wasn't blatently obvious )

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote