Thread: Blade SR Bible
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Air Wolf
Registered Users

Default Tail Wagging

Thanks again Danno for the response and help.
I set the gains at 40% & 65%, then left it on 40% for the first dozen or so run ups. I finally got the esc to the point that the slightest turn either direction on the pot would make the heli turn left or right. Could not get it to completely null out and maintain a heading for more then a few seconds. Went ahead and flipped the gyro switch to 65% and tried it. It would hold a heading after abour four clicks of left rudder trim but the tail was still wagging quite a bit. shut down the heli and transmitter and reset the gyro gains to 69% and 65%. This worked better, less tail wagging. Shut down again and reset the gains to 69% and 70%. At the 70% setting there is very little tail wag at all and it holds heading most of the time. Still has four clicks of left rudder trim but I had this much trim since the heli was new. Not sure if it can be elliminated. I am pleased with the heli and gyro now and it flies much better then it ever has. I am still going to play with the duel rates and expo but I want to wait until a day with light wind. Around here that could be next May . Again thanks for all your help.
Air Wolf is offline        Reply With Quote