View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
rdlohr
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
Rick,

Great write up! I'm not too certain about dampers as team kits came with only one set and they're hard--and pretty much so dark a gray that I guess you could call them black.

Rick, on the head pinch bolts, you can put those in only partially as you stated but you really don't have to install the main shaft yet.. In fact, you'll likely have to remove the head block from the main shaft if you're going to use a standard swash leveler for FBL setup. The pinch bolts can be installed as you stated, however you can use a toothpick to apply thread locker from the opposite side of the bolt before clamping.

With the red thread locker, it's necessary for the spindle bolts until the new spindle shaft is released.

Keep it up! I'm excited to read your impressions!

Scott
Thanks Scott. Good point about the main shaft. I have a Under Swash Leveling Tool (USLT) so I won't need to take off the head. Enjoying the build so far!

Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote