View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #49 (permalink)
rdlohr
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by th0rg0d View Post
I think they call for red here because of the large threads and high vibration potential. I chose to use blue and will be checking them very frequently. If they back out, then I will be using red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
I used Xcell Green thread locker on those threads. Since I started using green on boom supports I've not had one issue with boom support screws on any helicopter coming loose. Food for though, perhaps. Your mileage may vary. Objects in mirror... But hey, it works for me.

Scott
I have always used blue and never had a problem with screws coming loose. But, I have never used screws this large, and never had a heli this large. A Logo 600 is my largest.

We have exceeded my knowledge level on loctite. Here is what I remember:

Blue: Medium strength. Removable
Red: Permanent strength. Not to be removed. (need heat to remove?)
Green: Adhesive. Not sure if this is stronger than red or not.

I don't remember anyone saying the size of the screws played into how well the loctite held, but everywhere red was called out in this manual there are large screws. Can someone add to my knowledge here because I would rather do this right once than have to worry about screws coming loose.

Thanks,
Rick
rdlohr is online now        Reply With Quote