View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #678 (permalink)
RichKnapp
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityBlows View Post
Rich, see if you can find a local flying field to join. Should be some privacy there to fly and more than likely, nice guys to give you some pointers. I myself would NEVER fly around other people with a 450 size. The liability factor is HUGE. People (kids) are incredibly interested in RC anything..and don't realize how dangerous it could potentially be. Im a safety nerd as I seen my father take off 2 of his knuckles with a heli when I was smaller. Be careful and don't give up....we all crash. Try and keep it close (less than 50ft away) tail in for a while. Till you get "the feel" of the bigger machine. Keep at it buddy, I know youll get it. Its a great feeling when it all finally comes together! I have a feeling it will be a great summer for you bud...KEEP IT UP!
Thanks G/B
We were the only ones there at first other than baseball practice on the next field behind us.
I wasn't any closer than 50' from the little boy or CopterGuy even though it looks closer. I don't like flying like that myself. I have 2 another sites with more room and no moving targets. We only went there because of all the rain and the other places being soggy for my chair. I have them very small thin wheels for on stage.

This was a exception. We wanted a morning test flight seen as we both just rebuild our heli's, before going up to Green Bay to fly. This area was only 5 mins from our houses as far as going home for any tweaks that needed to be off the field and at home, before heading up to Green Bay.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote