View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #699 (permalink)
night wolf d
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaiahSaldivar View Post
I think with the motor and servos its to much for the ESC. Im trying to decide what new one i want to get the YEP or Castle. Even without the 450 just the 440 alone heats up the ESC after one flight really hot. I have the 12T and a 13T thinking of putting on the 12T because the 13T may drain battery to fast. I am using 60C batteries so getting a lot of power as it is =]
A hot ESC can be caused by to low a head speed if you run your heli in IU and its getting to hot to touch check your gear mesh isn't to tight and keep a close eye your Esc just In case it failing.
If your ESC is alright an external BEC is another option you could try instead of replacing your stock ESC , then your ESC is supplying power for the motor only.
Either a Yep or CC ESC would work ,I believe most use the CC Ice lite 50a with good results and now its superseded you may be able to pick one up cheeper!
The 12t will give you better flight time for sure and if your interested in a Bec I'll let you know how mine goes when I get it , install it and try it out.
KX is using stock Esc (I believe),H450, mg servos with an external Bec you could ask him how's its going?
NWD.