View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #734 (permalink)
hemp
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
You're using an iphone to level your model out!!!!

Like I trust an iphone anyways, never mind it touching my heli. No sir.
The phone doesn't touch my heli. If you would take a minute to digest what you read before attacking it you might actually learn something. I'm about done trying to help you out - being mocked by someone who has no idea what they're talking about isn't very rewarding.

Now try to pay attention...

The analog pitch gauge attaches to a main blade. I set it at zero degrees and set my Tx at zero degrees (mid-stick). Then I use the DigiPitch app which utilizes the camera and the accelerometers in the phone to provide a level line and an angle measurement. I zero that based on the intersection of the frame and main shaft. From there I can get an exact angle of either blade at mid stick, full negative, and full positive.

It would be much easier with an RCLogger digital pitch gauge - but I'm waiting for their new Lite model to hit stores.

BTW - there are people who attach their phones to the blades and zero them that way. It's not a method I use, but I wouldn't mock it without trying it first. And I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about iPhones but the fact that they're made in China is supremely irrelevant. Pretty much everything is made somewhere in Asia, including most of your heli.

REVOLECTRIX Ambassador
hemp is offline        Reply With Quote