Thread: Simulator setup
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #35 (permalink)
wab223
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by phwm View Post
My pitch is 0% to 100% linear for normal, idle 1 and idle 2.

For setting up, I put the throttle as follows:
Normal - 0% staright
Idle 1 - 97% straight
Idle 2 - 100% straight
Hold - 0% straight

Thanks a lot for your pointers. Now I know the flight mode switch that I used to toggle among Normal/Idle1/Idle2 and throttle hold switch do not send any signal to Heli-x. These 2 switches do not tun any button in the button setup screen to red colour.
I am setting up a dx8. I have the same curves but when I flip into idle up the heli goes straight up. The monitor on the dx8 shows the pitch is not changing when I flip the switch (as I expected) but the heli acts like it has been given positive pitch.

I have tried toggleing the use 5 channels and ignore pitch curves but the behaviour is the same. When I look in the Helix-x controller configuration and flip idle up I do infact see the the collective pitch green bar jump up. I have both collective pitch and engine speed set to stick throttle. I do not have z axis used for anything.

I would really like to get this working and buy heli x as I much prefer the provided perspective of the heli in this sim as compared to Phoenix.

Not sure how I can tell if it is my USB cables causing this problem. They are both older hobby kings cables and may not be the standard FMS type cable that for instance Heli direct sells.

Any and all ideas appreciated.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote