View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
xenophobe
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Today it was raining... the sky cleared a bit for a few minutes... I flew half a pack until gusts started hitting 20-25mph-ish. I didn't like my heli being pushed around and seeing the FBL trying to compensate so I brought it right back down.

Got two new Pulse batteries today. Will probably install the metal tail servo bracket and the tail spacers to tighten up the play that has developed while breaking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenwing40 View Post
Thanks for the info on the FB blades. I have a few sets and have yet to get my 500x in the air. It was nice here the other day but with 25 MPH winds. I still need to get a few more batteries and some metal tail grips. What are the advantage of the 12T pinion? Lower headspeed ? I was also looking in to a better ESC and scorpion motor. I run a governor head on my gaui x3 and like it.
Thanks! I was wondering what they flew like on this heli. I wasn't sure, so had to try it myself.

I switched back to the FBL blades and will try the 12t pinion. I have no idea how it's going to fly, but I'll check it out and report back.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote