View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 02:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
flyer2160
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ewing View Post
Ok guys, i am trying to figure out the cause of a recent crash on my E7. My first crash on this airframe after a year and a half on one setup. I got a "low voltage of 3.3 rail" message as the first error message before some "sensor out of range" type messages. My setup is a 2s 2000mah 20c lipo Y'd into a silver V-bar. Sbus receiver, futabe HV servos. I dont see anything wrong with my wiring to my other electronics, which leads me to believe that i might have just experienced a sag in a lipo that might be wearing out. thoughts?

So what do you think? plausible? Or do i need to keep looking
I have had the same experience and 2 x 4700uf 10v capacitors in parallel has fixed the problem.
If your battery was faulty you would have more low voltage warnings in the log.

RX voltage is being monitored continuously. Should it drop below certain thresholds, log entries are being made:

< 4.5 V -> Information only

< 4.0 V -> Warning

< 3.5 V -> Error

< 2.5 V -> Error

< 1.8 V -> Error

These entries are to be taken seriously, you should think about beefing up your power supply. The thresholds help detecting problems early.

The last two thresholds, 2.5 and 1.8 V are being reported if they are crossed for the shortest time, the first three have a short time lag and are being reported after a undercut of a few milliseconds.

Andy
flyer2160 is offline        Reply With Quote