View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #1914 (permalink)
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It just sits there balanced Tom, when unpowered, so it isn't that, and I've seen the effects of an out of balance gimbal set-up as a result of my bent 2D one. Took me an age to bend it back just so, in order that it would work, and this is completely different. It is completely nuts, haywire, and just prior to going nuts it works perfectly. I'm not just talking tipping and bouncing back from the limits, we are talking nuts, including the yaw control. Up down, left right, twirling about. I think it loses its marbles. I also saw the effects of getting the motor power and gain settings wrong on the 2D one, and they are kind of predictable. Too slow, weak, or too aggressive and shaking. As for precision tweaking of the PID parameters, I don't know that you can, as it is all self contained. To update the firmware, if it turns out to be related to a known bug, well I need an extra two pieces of kit, according to the manual. Don't know how much they are.

I'm thinking a better stabalised power supply is in order, but I'll need either a pack or a 12V BEC for that. For now I'll just see how it goes.

Anyway, I had a blast today, and here are the results. Sorry about the editing, I just rushed a few important bits together as I had to cut out things otherwise it would have just been too long.

From exactly 8:20 you will see a quick descent, as I switch to stabalise mode out of loiter GPS mode, as my throttle was a little too low, and I then spend the last 1.5 minutes blasting around. A bit more like real flying I think, and I came down with a proper adrenaline rush. Almost like you with your planes.

I promise it isn't speeded up, because sometimes it looks like it, but it was epic!

Cheers

Sutty

EDIT: Just google earthed it, and at 7 minutes I was just over 600m away.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote