View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
tanasap
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default ok so I got about 12 seconds of flying..

(If you could call it flying, i wouldn't), when I decided I should install the prop guard.

The instructions said to pull the prop off while holding the motor in place with a tiny wrench (included with quadcopter)... After trying multiple times, with increasing amount of force, the prop still wouldn't budge. I triple checked the instructions to confirm that I hadn't missed so sort of critical step or key piece of information (I hadn't).

On my final attempt, the motor pulled completely out of the quad (propeller still attached). So now i have three props/motors in an otherwise working quad, and the fourth motor ripped out.

I am guessing that I just threw away $60? Would that be correct?

There are two rather thin wires coming out of the bottom of the cylindrical motor. The wires are not copper. They're pretty fine, and they don't have a lot of length to them (maybe an inch or less in length protruding from the bottom of the cylinder). But I cant fathom being able to reconnect them to whatever they're supposed to be attached to within the frame/body of the quad.

Do I just junk the whole thing? Can I fix it, or even pay a hobby store to fix it? I am not sure what to do here, but I am pretty annoyed about it. Any insight would be appreciated.
tanasap is offline        Reply With Quote