View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
wkderf
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
My DX6 arrived yesterday....rainy and nasty today so a perfect day to set up a transmitter! Thanks to you and your file, it was easier than I ever imagined! I'll admit, I was a little intimidated with the current crop of transmitters but after I loaded your file, the "light" came on and everything made sense. A little guidance and having the component in your hands makes a huge difference. Got the Throttle Hold assigned and tested and was pleased to see it actually worked first time!

Not an expert yet, but I'm well on my way to understanding what each function affects and I like it!

I do need to ask a couple of questions......

1. I am assuming that the gain settings don't display in the telemetry screen until you go into the adjustment mode. Is that correct?

2. Do I get into the adjustment mode by holding panic and then powering on the DX6? Just like the RTF transmitter?

3. Is there a telemetry module that works with the 200srx that would send data back to the TX?

Thanks again for everything!
1: yes, thats correct. Gain settings won't display on your transmitter unless you are in the adjustment mode.

2: NO. to enter the advanced settings mode on the 200SRX, you need to power up the transmitter & 200 as if you are going to fly it. once you are ready to fly, move both joysticks to the lower right hand corner of the gimbal, and press the panic button until the swashplate tilts in a 360 degree pattern. once it does, you can release the sticks, and the 200srx will be in gain adjustment mode.

3: essentially, your dx6 is telemetry "ready" meaning it has the capability to transmit the data, but to actually receive data, you need a module to send it. there are telemetry modules that will send data back to the DX6, but it requires both the purchase of the main telemetry module, and then a sensor for each individual thing you want to monitor (flight pack voltage, temp, altitude, etc.)