View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sonny
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPWORLD2002 View Post
"my experience sofar. Irwin is odd but he's been nice to me sofar...sofar...I'll keep the experience posting as it goes"

Good luck with that, For ur sake I hope it continues but chances are it wont. The head if it is silver is their newer head. If i know the heli right it has heavy duty linkage on the head ? silver ball joint ? Any how the heads are very simular the one linked and the silver body, they are both a dual spindle head They are ok for hovering thats about all they tend to have a lot of flap and tend to pitch up in ff and are to slopy to do any kinda acro. Last and final warning when qww has there cheap knock off parts made the tooling is dull and threads are real sloppy Best to use green locktite with these hellis. and clean and locktite every thing. Just take a cap screw and feel the slop in the threads.

edit added link to newest review, pg5 says it all in the conclusion >
http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t414350p1/
Thanks there Jeepworld. I'm all ears and eyes on this when it comes to any insight. I've had to use a different screw and extra washers for the reduction lever between the flybar and mixing arms. Irwin said to just locktight it because the radial bearing in the lever would pinch when the screw was tightened. Some washers and a longer screw fixed that. I asked him what was up with that and he said that's the way these things were done. I said why not set it up with a slightly larger ID on that bearing and use a shoulder bolt or washers so it can be tightened properly. He just shrugged. The only other assembly that I hope holds up is the one way bearing. Looks robust but time will tell. Most of what remains to be seen is weather or not the head works well or not, like you said. That'll be easy to change. Might have to drill a different Jesus bolt hole in the shaft for whatever I change it to. Or cut down the length of the main shaft etc. Maybe even go flybarless with some other head setup.