View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 06:09 AM   #41 (permalink)
ArchmageAU
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
This forum is one of the best I have come across concerning Mixing, even thou I am of the fixed wing vs. the rotorary wing world. ( I gave up trying to fly an RC helio 40 years ago. ! )
I have a question about the Excel formula and graphing results. And I am trying to figure out were my thinking error comes about.
The Excel graph print-out for mix settings of "50,0,10" show the low range results on the +10 line of the vertical axis running from +10 to -100 on the horiz. axis. My vision is that it should be running of the "0" vertical axis line from the mix range +10 to -100.

I plotted the mix values for several other mix set-ups and attached my crude attempt at the results. I need the experts guidance. . .The truth shall set me free. . .hopefully.
WOW. . guess that I cannot attach my plotted Mixs. If I figure this forum out, I will send the plotting later. . . .

Assuming mix is:
in>out: high 50, low 0, offset 10

If the in channel is 10 or below, no change to the output channel is made.
If the in channel is about 10, then: ((in channel - 10)/2) is added to the output channel.

(remember in channel 10 is the new 0 - so take (in channel - 10) to determine if high or low before applying weight).

Pop quiz: For the mix 50,0,10 if out channel is 20 and in channel is 20, what is the output value?

Answer: in channel is > 10 so high mix is applied. So adjust is ((20-10)*(50/100)) = (10)*(1/2) = 5. This is added to the output channel value of 20, so the result is out channel becomes 25.

Hope this helps clear things up.