View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Grimmy
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

Test fitting the board in the holder.



I made the end pieces and did another test fit. So far so good.



A view from the end of the holder.



So I quickly realized I made a pretty big mistake. I put one whole side of the connectors on wrong. I wasn't sure if I'd have to start over, as the tools I had were limited. I realized I might have my old solder sucker from college but where. I found it out in the garage in the bottom of my toolbox and it was time to find out if it worked and I still had the skills to desolder after I figured out which side was pin 1 and everything would work like it was suppose to.



I reflowed the solder and I had a few pieces of the copper trace that took a little beating to, so I had to bridge the solder. Not my best looking work, but it should be functional.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150406_145103.jpg
Views:	2407
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	581478   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150406_153737.jpg
Views:	2425
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	581479   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150406_153746.jpg
Views:	2400
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	581480   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150407_163228.jpg
Views:	2410
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	581481   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150407_164135.jpg
Views:	2418
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	581482  

Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote