View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Join Date: May 2012

Well I didn't have a lot of time last night to work on this, but I did get some things done. I got some support pieces installed and glued down. While the 2 pieces, the acrylic and the PVC sheet glued together would have been strong enough, I wanted a little more support. So I glued in some 3/4" by 3/4" square pvc to add some strength and so I have a place to put some supports to hold the whole lid up. I did add a couple pieces in the upper corners but I didn't get pics of those.

Again getting more use out of my rotary table. It isn't getting any lighter either. I need an over head hoist or something to move it around!!

Just doing a test fit and some last minute measurements. I ended up having to move the lid down about 1/4" as it was barely hitting on top of the Duo's. Now I can take my measurements to the bottom of the case and know how long to cut my support pieces. With having to move the lid down, I had to hand file around some of the edges as my sander isn't here yet and I didn't have to take much off. Sanding acrylic isn't very fun, and it tends to come off and leave little melted balls every where and it just doesn't clean up very nice. I good rasp file worked well to just shave the edges a little. It's still on the tight side, but I'm ok with that as it will help hold it in place.

That's about all I got done last night. I did start to mount some gauges, but I didn't get any pics. I'll try to do that tonight, and I can start the wiring and underside how things are going to mount so I can get my power supply mounted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150508_161755.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	584818   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150508_161915.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	584819   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150508_195438.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	584820  
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote