View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 09:24 AM   #73 (permalink)
Grimmy
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

I didn't make a lot of progress last night, but I did get more done on the removable lid. I had to some up with a way where I could clamp my work piece down, do some machining, unclamp it and move it and clamp it back up and keep it straight. So I made some helper blocks that fit in the T slots of my table to help hold the work piece square. You can see them in the pics. I'll have to get a better pic tonight.



Here you can see the block that I made (1 of 4, 2 sets) I was only able to machine so much till I would run into my clamps. So I have a lot of clamping and repositioning of the work piece to do.



I did clamp 2 of my blocks down after squaring them up to the table and making them even across so I can slide the work piece right up to it and being able to traverse the other direction and know I'm square. I got one side done last night, and hope to do the other. I will have to hand cut the part that goes in the front of the case and shave it down to match and then cut to length. On the other side, my parts should be here end of the week, but I'm gone all weekend, so looks like next week will be the big push to get things done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150511_195549.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	585357   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150511_200748.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	585358  
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote