View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Twmaster
Registered Users

The part number for that Spektrum Digital 75 servo is DSP75 where the 'P' in the part number means programmable.

Also, Ted, it sounds like the BEC is overloaded on that ESC. That would explain it getting hot just sitting there powered on. As others suggested you may have a defective servo (or two, or three....)

I too am rebuilding a crashed B400 (see attached photo of the carnage). This was just a badly crashed airframe with motor but no electonics.

I'm finding it to be a fairly simple machine to work on and fairly inexpensive to buy parts for. It only took me a couple of hours to install everything the bird needed.

I've reassembled the bird and at present am programming my DX7 to work with her.

Second photo is the rebuilt bird with the head just sitting on the main shaft for the picture as I am in the process of leveling the swash.

I've put Hitec HS-65HB servos on the collective and the Spektrum DSP75 on the tail set to 'tail' mode via programming box.

I decided to go ahead and use these servos as they are easy to get gears for unlike the interglactic backorder the E-F DS75 servos are experiencing.

Other than the electronics the total cost to repair the airframe was $41 including a new set of Align 325 fiberglass blades.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	used_blade_1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	46986   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0001.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	46987