View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
madeye
Registered Users

Default I think I've had it

First of all - this message is not being written while my blood still boils after the crash, but rather a thought through summary on my experiences with Stingray 500 - it crashed on July 18, and I'm just writing the message now.

So, the final straw was - the pilot was just hovering, when the quad first did an uncommanded movement, and within about 3 seconds just flipped out of the sky (see the first video at the bottom) - just like it did quite a few times before. To add insult to injury, it refused to shut off and just kept tearing itself to pieces rolling upside down on the asphalt. The clip is silent, too many words were said by all the participants to consider the clip SFW - mind you, it was the maiden flight after another crash just like that.

Post crash inspection revealed that despite our diligent efforts to prevent the rotorheads from slipping on the booms, they slipped again. Not only that, the front boom itself is slipping in the central bracket.

I don't know whether it is the boom turning because of vibration that is causing this problem. I don't know if it is TG-Multi being flaky and not processing something right. I don't know if it is the Next-D ESC not listening to the command to shut it off, or TG-Multi not telling it to. I don't know if R&D builds had the same problems, I suspect they did, for the same problem comes back again and again.

What I do know, however, that I would've swallowed all this, rebuilt it yet again and kept flying *IF* not for all the conversations about Curtis disappearing along with all of his product lines (including, apparently, even the blades - too bad, I liked them a lot).

At this point, I don't know if I even want to rebuild it again, given the fact that the spare parts are disappearing, there'll be definitely no new development on TG-Multi, and basically keeping the Stingray in the air will be just like taking the radiator cap from the old car and replacing all the other parts around it.

And I certainly don't want to give my dollars to CYE, given the treatment we're all getting. I'd rather give them to someone that cares about their customers.

So, still considering the options. Comments welcome. Suicide videos follow.

Heli-X, AccuRC, RF 7.5 Transmitter Interface Edition
madeye is offline        Reply With Quote