View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 01:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
ChrisW
Registered Users

Default Regarding continued support on Stingray500

I talked to the guys at CYhobbies last week to ask about parts for the Stingray...He said they are still going to continue making kits and supporting it with parts...
I told him I read on the various forums that the Stingray was discontinued. He said he was aware of those discussions and said they were wrong and they are still "in business"...However...

They were out of booms and he didn't know when they were going to new stock in. He did offer a solution for the boom...Use Rave 450 tail booms (cheaper too at $12.99 for 2 booms)...Just cut them to length and drill the alignment hole for the cases...Not too tough for mechanically adept folks

...as far as belts go, there are suppliers for those belts out there...
places like: https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Catalog

They also have all the pulleys used on the Stingray...Just have to do some measuring and tooth counting to identify the right parts.

Looks like the business has contracted to the point of only supplying parts & kits out of that one store...

If you really like the Stingray, support that store and give them reason to continue supporting the product...Actually call the store and let the manager know you like the Stingray and will be a customer for parts, etc...

I don't know if Curtis still owns it or sold it to these guys...but it is their business to gain or lose...If enough folks are willing to buy something, it's hard to ignore a profit opportunity.

Maybe I'm just trying to put a positive spin on this stuff...
ChrisW
ChrisW is offline        Reply With Quote