View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Keyrigger
HF Scale Support

Having the chassis from my AS350 at hand makes it fairly easy to get the measurements and also having a stock 5003D makes things even easier. The center of my boom was about 137mm off the floor of the model. The chassis height is 170mm, which is 10mm shorter than the Logo. I had spacers in the rear that totalled 1/4" and 5/32" in the front plus the height of the supplied spacer, which is metric and is 14mm high. That puts the approximate height of the original chassis at 21mm plus 170.

Yours at 180mm might not need the spacer but you could add a couple of extra layers of plywood to make it sit at the same height. However, mine was pushed down because of the specific servo linkage width of the Pro and I made up the needed height of the head with a longer shaft from the 600ESP. I compared the two side by side and my feeling is that you will have no problem installing it into the AS350 body kit. You may find that it is easier to make a wider plywood plate and mount that to the bottom of the chassis and pick the spots you want to anchor it to the floor and make this plywood plate match it. I have done that with a few builds now and it makes for a much simpler anchoring than most methods I have seen.

As you are aware, the chassis of the Logo is not the usual configuration in that the boom is not parallel to the ground when it sits on its skids. You will find that the rear spacer might work out to be shorter than the front. In my TOW Defender, there was a 1mm difference between front and back mounting posts. In the AS350 with the Align chassis, there was a slightly higher back than front, normal for a chassis that has the boom parallel to the ground. In your case, I would pick the front two points and the back boom mount as the spots to set the chassis into the body. Then, measure or go by trial and error to get the back shimming on the money.

By the way, the boom on the AS350 is huge compared to something like the MD500 so you will have lots of room to maneuver the Logo right into the spot you want. The head should end up in the correct scale position using a fairly small amount of chassis shimming. I feel very confident that you will not have a difficulties installing it and help is a post away. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote