View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 11:06 AM   #108 (permalink)
RCBound
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellaheli View Post
RcBound, I love the idea of the 3D hub! What gear PN are you using? Is it an exact fit with respect to number of teeth? I crashed my 230s on its 4th flight and now I have to wait until Nov for the gear to get off of back order. I like the idea of the sacrificial hub to save the more expensive items from damage down the line.
I have access to CAD and a 3D printer, any chance you could PM your STL file for me to try? I would love to be flying now while the weather is still mild in the North East. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Gellaheli
I'm off to class but will PM you the STL file. The hub fits the 300,450 main gear. fits very well.but not perfect, as most 3D prints aren't 100% perfect. I will reprint one today during class with a slightly larger main shaft hole because I had to bore it out ever so slightly and donto have a drill press. The main gear barely oscillates up and down with one of my hubs. It meshes with the pinion well and has a constant mesh so almost flew it...but swapped out for the Rakon hub for now.

I'll be in touch later today and maybe I'll even perform a test flight of one today also.

Each time that HH had the main gears on back order I managed to find some on amazon.com

The stock main gear seems to shred pretty easy even if Thold was hit before crashing.
RCBound is offline        Reply With Quote