View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 01:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
TMoore
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by faqcya View Post
TMoore I appreciate your assistance. But you don't seem to be understanding what I am saying. Myself and a very knowledgeable pilot DoubleCH well respected on the 300X forum. Have both attempted to get this to go into the setup mode and the trim flight mode and it refuses to do either. I wanted him to do the trim flight because he is a much better pilot then I am and would be able to hold the heli in a steady hover much better then I can. We could not be assured that the swash was set level to attempt a trim flight because it refused to go into setup mode. He suggested that we not try the trim flight mode if we can't be certain that the swash is level when it looks to be way off. So I am here to see if anyone might know of something that we are overlooking. I have attempted every set of instructions that I can find and it hasn't helped. So far you have given me a clue that might help and that is to give it some throttle and see if it goes straight. I'll attempt to find a way to hold it down and give this an attempt. However I would really like to be able to go into the setup modes.
I understand exactly what you are saying. You're not understanding what I'm telling you. Have you flown the model yet? I've done trim flights on mine, put it into setup mode and I'm telling you what happens after the setup and the trim flights have been done. When you boot the model up after all this has been done with the model in Normal mode with the SAFE system active the swash will not be level. It will go forward and right on the swash. No matter how well the model is trimmed in the trim flight mode the model will still not take off without some sort of correction on lift off. Flight mode 1 or 2 alleviates this issue so you can flip into that mode at half stick and the model will take off correctly.

If the model won't go into setup the only thing that I can conclude is that the TX isn't setup correctly or the RX/FBL unit is defective. Do you have P-mix 1 set correctly in the TX?
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote