View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 03:31 PM   #112 (permalink)
jrman83
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by irob View Post
No problem. I don't take that any way but good advice. Yeah, I'm weak on two basic things, nose in hovering and flying circuits without self leveling. I can do both cautiously but I'm not solid on either. Tail in and both sides hovering I'm good. Circuits left or right and backwards with self leveling are solid.
I've owned Phoenix sim almost from the time I started. At first it was harder than flying a small cp heli. I learned on a Nano CPS and V977 and now I can sim and I'm doing it more often. I still find it harder than a real helicopter. I'm flying a Trex 700 on the sim. But conquering the things that are harder will make the real thing easier.
For me, the sim helped me get in the door, but continuing further has to be real life flying. In the beginning I was flying inverted but had difficulty with things like left turns and really turns in general. To the point that I had to make sure I had plenty of room to give bailout room also. We're not talking stall turns as they are more a change of direction, not too much turning involved. Talking banked turns. Forced myself to practice turns, left and right, and so now I feel the basics of turning are good and it feels more natural for things like inverted. I follow the above training but for me personally it has helped to work on being able to fly like a scale model first and then work on the inverted or more advanced moves after. I feel like if I can't fly like a real heli, why should I be working on stuff more difficult. Just my opinion and only been flying CP for about 6 months now.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote