View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 10:21 AM   #93 (permalink)
learnedthehardway
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
I used to think that you just liked to brand bash, but since I have moved up in class and models I have come to realize that you really do speak from experience. Crash cost aside and even though parts are cheaper with say, an Oxy, the difference in experience flying anything Blade and Oxy are well worth the cost difference in terms of upfront cost of a kit. I didn't have a comparison basis before I made the move and didn't always agree with you on each item. The 230 has been a great model and although I have owned 6 other models in the Blade line, I am glad that I never went bigger before I got out.
I appreciate that statement very much. Realize I come off a bit harsher than intended and get carried away sometimes. Must be getting old cause I catch myself rambling on alot these days. .lol

It's all said with good intentions and only say things I firmly believe to be true but am wrong sometimes. I have owned 8 Blade helis and been on the phone with HH tech support more times than I care to remember. They have good customer support until you get to the larger birds and they want to blame you for their failing parts/electronics.

On a tight budget so I was almost pushed to quitting the hobby from the lemon of a 300cfx they sent me. Horrible waste of money chasing problems they insisted were my fault for a month straight. Buying parts/upgrades and hours of working on it to no avail, was one problem after another.

Even started questioning my abilities thinking they were right. Finally got them to crack, sent in the BX unit which they claimed worked perfectly but sent me a new one anyway.

Of course it cured my issue just as I suspected. After all that I finally got the vibes and electronic failures cured, 20 flights later the motor disintegrated.

Pretty much had Oxy3 money into a heli that was pure hell for a month, enjoyable for 20 flights and then thrown in a box to this day. Freakin atrocious.

They do get one right now n then but never get one just right. Fully capable of making a good heli but choose to push out half tested helis with electronics they know will fail in short order.

The Oxy3 has been just right since day 1 and is still just right 10 months and 100's of flights later. They did the testing themselves instead of using customers as beta testers or flat out victims.

100% satisfied so I sing their praises as much as possible cause they deserve it. Meanwhile Blade and HH's main business is taking advantage of newcomers imho so I try to spread the word to prevent others from having an experience similar to mine. They might not stick it out like I did and quit this great hobby.

If I can prevent even one person from that fate then all the crap I catch for bashing is worth it.

Crap I'm rambling again...

Anyways thanks jrman, appreciate ya bro...