View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 02:39 PM   #99 (permalink)
BrokeDad
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumdog View Post
I read these posts with interest and ponder whether I should buy a 250 CFX or something else. I have owned several blade helicopters MSR, Nano, MCPX, 200 SRX, 230S and at the moment have a 180 CFX, although I seem to spend more time repairing the 180 CFX than flying it as its more capable than my abilities.

To be fair I have had a good experience with Blade products. I love the idea of an Oxy 3, looks quality but not sure how confident I feel about setting up a heli and FBL unit from scratch having never done it before let alone keeping it out of the dirt.

So for someone of my limited ability which I think the 250 CFX is aimed at ie Can do basic flying is OK with orientation but does not have any 3D skills at all, should I take the plunge and buy a 250 CFX, get another 230s, stick with my 180CFX and continue to repair it everytime it eats dirt or get something like an Oxy 3 and put a 6 axis FBL unit with some kind of bailout or self levelling?

Seems there are alot of pilots who are obviously of an advanced ability making comments about tail blowouts and stuff, to be fair this heli is not aimed at those people. I appreciate the comments and opinions but how is this heli for someone like me and no doubt a great many other pilots out there who is genuinely of a more intermediate standard?

Thanks
I hesitated for months but finally decided to go buy on the for sale section here. Consider doing the same. There are some great deals and you don't have to build. Just get one marked as BNF if you don't want to mess with anything. I went for some super cheap 450's and have been enjoying those a lot. Once I'm more accustomed to those on 3S I will start flying my 6S 360CFX more.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote