View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
ted_wears_a_hat
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

That's a great site TWM I used that for my main shaft replacement.

Thanks for the tips Redfire, the differences in the two parts of the thrust bearing seem to be tiny. I tried to get them the right way round and think I have but the size difference is difficult to spot so I'm not sure if it my eyes playing tricks on me!

It's a pain the feathering shaft I must say, so many parts!

Feathering shaft parts:

Thrust bearing parts in pack:

Some feathering shaft parts are included in the complete hardware set:

Anyway, the build has been taking longer than planned due to work and other social commitments (been losing out rather too much at the poker table in my last few sessions!!) so I haven't really got any further than before beyond checking the feathering shaftand associated parts were put together right.

As mentioned before she does now have her new Hitecs:

The swash as you can see hasn't been levelled yet but I have got all the servos moving in the right direction. I will post swash mix and reverse settings when I get a moment.

Playing with the servos briefly to check they all travelled correctly I am still noticing the ESC getting pretty warm even though the motor is disconnected so I am starting to worry the ESC is dodgy.

Any thoughts?

As ever, take care folks.
- Click here to view my RC Flight Log -
ted_wears_a_hat is offline        Reply With Quote