View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
prudhomme
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello again to all and Happy New Year!!!

Thanks amphibia for the specs was very useful.

Great to know your opinion about the KDE motors Dennis.

I bought the KDE motor with 295Kv to run the main rotor from 1400rpm to 1550 at maximum. I'm excited waiting for the motor, and I defining the rest of the equipment.

I forget to tell that the control will be with the Embention Autopiot, I was using in and it works fine, I hope we don't have problems with this heli and the autopilot.

In base to the equations in past posts the best ratio for 1400 rpm will be main 8:1, and to have a good answer of the tail rotor I want to run it at 9500 rpm so the ratio from main is 6.7:1

For main I don't have problem with the commercial gears, because I will use a 112th with 14th and both are commercial, the problem is the tail rotor because the common ratio are between 4:1 to 5.5:1.

One option is to use timing belts but I don't feel very comfortable with them, I feel it a little insecure. So, the other option is to design our specific helical gear and develop them in PA66, with 3 gears in series of 10th-80th-12th.

10th for motor, 80 for main rotor and 12 for tail rotor.

Maybe I kind find some commercial gear of PA66. Do you know some company that sell plastic gear for this size??

Finally, for batteries I will use two lipos of the TATTU PLUS 22000MAH 22.2V 25C. It’s hard to find here this kind of batteries because the restriction of aerial transportation of lipos, and the terrestrial delivery it’s sucks, so I need to find the lipos in stores here.

So, once I solve the gears problem I will finish the designs to send to CNC and begin the production and then the tests

Thanks
Regards
Alberto
prudhomme is offline        Reply With Quote