View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
gimbleguy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indokast View Post
So I have to admit I have a problem. Yep.. too many helis and not enough time. Seriously, I have enough parts to have about 15 different helicopters running, plus a couple spares. However I only really have 3-5 actually ready to go. 2-3 that are close, and the rest, including my big models, that need rebuilt from the ground up basically.

No matter how bad I want to work on helis or even fly them I don't have the time to. Being a truck driver I work wonky hours and probably average twice as many hours a week as a normal human being. When I am home I am exhausted bc of the lack of a regular sleep cycle.

It would obviously make a lot of sense for me to only own 3-5 helis total and keep up with them. But if you say I should sell the ones I don't use right now I will look at you like you are crazy! They represent my heli dreams and I'm happy just looking at them even if I can never find time to repair and fly them.

So my question is: Do you only own helis that you can actively keep running and ready to go or do you always seem to have a few models that you never seem to get to so your fleet is usually in some kind of state of disrepair despite wanting to get them all done? I know this all fluctuates but I am just curious in general how many keep up with their fleet and how many have more projects and dreams ready to work on that in all likelihood will never be all completed on a regular basis.

Maybe I am not the only one with dreams and shelf queens?

I am on the same boat, and I am trying make time. I got too many hobbies as well. A bit of everything atm.