View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #53 (permalink)
Miracle Boy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaofos View Post
Something I noticed going through the conversion from Spektrum to Jeti with the Vortex integration on two models in a row now.

The guide states that the channel assignment is automatic, but that hasn't been the case for me. In both conversions, I've updated the firmware (3.78 -> 4.52) on a VX1e and VX1n, and both times after setting the Vortex to ExBUS, I've had to modify the channel assignments (specifically yaw, pitch and gyro) to match the Jeti.

On my second model, I had previously used the RX for simulator, did a factory reset and followed the settings for the guide, however channels 4-6 don't belong to a "group", and I don't seem to be able to modify this in the radio. Not sure what the implications of this are, I can't seem to find anything specific on setting these groups so far.
Hi Myxiplx,

I've not long got my DS-14 and I'm just messing about with it at this stage. I hooked it up the REX 3 Rx I got the other day with a VX1n, just to check that the DS-14 sees the Vortex and to check out the menus etc.

I noticed that in the device explorer > REX 3 > Output, I only see a Group (A) for the throttle channel, all the other channels are either blank or N/A and I can't change them.

Both my DS-14 and the REX 3 are using the latest FW.

I know you said that the groups don't seem to matter, but I do find it a little odd that only the throttle channel (1) seems to be in a group and everything else is seemingly unassigned or "fixed"

Having the channels grouped as A,B,C-A,B,C would seem to be an advantage to help smooth out the voltage spikes on the power bus, but since I can't change the groups.........

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

MB