View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
toadiscoil
Registered Users

Although the 360 is not a beginner heli, it might be the first heli of that size for people coming from Blades that are easier to fix. That was me, coming from a 200 SRX jumping to a 360 CFX then going down to a 230 S then another 360 CFX. What I am saying is that build and flight skills for a 360 CFX pilot may not be as well developed.

So it took me several disintegrated servo cases to find out myself. I ended up installing KST 215 servos instead as I was tired of that issue.

Which brings me to even though Blades are usually RTF or BNF a downloadable PDF with maintenance/build instructions would be great. The exploded components view just doesn't cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
That's improper thread locker application technique on their part since it's pre-built, not necessarily a bad design. When one needs to reinstall a servo, don't put thread locker on the bolt and push it through the servo tab. Use a toothpick and poke a tiny bit into the holes of the frame part and wipe off any excess on the surface before installing the servo. I have helis with plastic servo cases bolted right to aluminum frame parts with zero issues and that includes a 180CFX, which was especially known to have this "problem". One of the first things I did was pull the servos, clean up everything and reinstall and that was before the first crash.