View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
HeliSmith
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Top motor cap came off not the bottom:
The motor cap came off on the wrong end for me can't feed the wires out that way. I took out the the motor shaft and stuck it through the bottom and sure enough the bearing is shot. Red loctited the top cap back on and will try again tomorrow.

Making a tool to remove the end cap: (Not my idea it's on the 430XL motor thread kinda)

Items needed: 1/8" thick x 1" wide x 12" or more aluminum bar Home Depot. 4 x M3x8mm screws, drill and drill bits, mm ruler and a hack saw or dremel cut off wheel.

1. Cut two sections of the bar about 6" long.
  2. In one section make a set of holes 25mm from center of hole to center of hole larger than 3mm. Make a hole right in the middle of that larger than the motor shaft. Make sure it isn't sharp this can damage your motor shaft. You can elongate the center hole if need be to line up the motor screw holes.
  3. Make two holes 25mm from center to center slightly smaller that 3mm. This end thread two M3x8mm screws through the holes you made. This should go through the holes in the bottom of the motor.
  4. Use the remaining 2 x M3x8 screws to fix the other end to the top of the motor.
  5. Pray that the bottom breaks free first this time.
Sorry for the dark pictures my camera flash is broken.

P.S.
I will go with ceramic bearings personally I am not unhappy with the 500L may as well do it right and we had them..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	52735