View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #94 (permalink)
wab223
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Not all of them. Mine didn't need it and the calibration flight function worked out of the box for me when I played around with it at first. I did do every firmware update since I already had the cable for my 180CFX. None of the updates changed the way my 230S flew, which was a good thing. Turns out it's the same cable to program Spektrum AS3X receivers for their planks, too, so it actually turned out to be money well spent.
I guess I'm talking Spektrum but there is an obvious connection here (excuse pun). I have never bought another FBL that did not come with the cable to progam the FBL.

The Spektrum paradigm seems to be, release FBL with firmware that will require updates but do not provide the cable. Thus forcing customers to buy the proprietary and expensive cable.

Sometimes I wonder why so called intelligent men like ourselves continue to buy their products once we have had the experience to know better.

The only point of the above post is that they might eventually listen. This is just our hobby and kind of like a bad government we don't depend on them to live.

Last edited by wab223; 05-06-2017 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: adding a u to by
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote