View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 07:55 PM   #348 (permalink)
Bugcatcher
Registered Users

Bill, thanks for detailed post on the new 557's. Looking forward to trying them. Just noticed AMain show they are coming in on the 17th so still got a couple weeks to wait.

As you mentioned that the 557's are your best work and like everything, you improve on past efforts. Will there come to a point where you may put some of these improvements back into the 697/717 sizes to improve them even more? How much design improvement are the 557's over the 717's for example? Re-tooling would be the big cost I would expect to change what is already in production but something that just came to mind.

Something completely on a different tangent. I'm curious as how do these designs would hold up against full-size helis' running headspeeds around 350rpm. Obviously the big company's have really smart designers at their disposal but your designs seem radically different to what the big company's use. And I understand full-size heli's have completely different design requirements depending on their intended use, military vs civilian.
Bugcatcher is offline        Reply With Quote