View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 05:58 PM   #80 (permalink)
A VIKING
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default First Flight with the Spray Boom

Just had a few minutes tonight to check out the spray boom in flight. I didn't have time to connect the supply tank so I just flew the boom.

No surprises, it flew great.
I was a little all over the sky though so I need to practice before hooking up to the ground supply tank and spraying cleaner for the first time. I need to be efficient in flight in holding position and not wander around.
I would imagine the SK720BE can assist in achieving a real stable smooth slow control.
If anyone has any pointers on getting that smooth slow control reaction in the helicopter from the FBL I am all ears, let me know.
Let me add to that...I know I can have super slow reaction of the helicopter to stick movement BUT, I need to have enough control motion available quickly to react to a gust of wind and not let it drift me into the house because I don't have enough control. Maybe a lot of Expo?

To start I have my controls set up for 3D flight which admittedly is a little quick for smooth small attitude changes. Hover is perfect but the change in flight position in relation to stick movement is way too quick.

More practice and SK adjustments should get me to where I want to be.
Should be fun.
The photos below are a little difficult to see without the canopy installed and are taken from my wife's view inside the house looking out the window.

On Final Approach...

In position...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170801_180408 (3).jpg
Views:	259
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	717682   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170801_180458 (2).jpg
Views:	253
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	717683  

Last edited by A VIKING; 08-01-2017 at 06:38 PM..
A VIKING is offline        Reply With Quote