View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
ridge-runner
Registered Users

Default Calibrate the X6 sticks, and K110 3D and 6G modes

I'd also recommend calibrating the sticks on the XK X6. This is a very simple and easy procedure that takes all of 60 seconds. I did a video last year showing how this is done...

XK Innovations X6 Stick Calibration (0 min 36 sec)

You'll also want to calibrate the 6G and 3D modes on the K110. This is covered on page 1 of the RCG thread...

XK K110 3G/6G Small CP Heli thread

Quoted the calibration process here: (Note that I've added some additional steps (in red), based on my own experience.)
Quote:
...Calibrating the 6 axis/3 axis gyro

Like the V977, this copter has the option to adjust the hover in 6G mode. As the manual isn't too clear on this, I was happy to see member Anderu come up with a translation of the manual's "borken chinglish"

To tune the handsfree hover in 6G mode, try this:

1. Switch on TX
2. Switch on K110 and wait for it to bind to TX
3. Switch to 6G mode
3.5 Set the DR switch to HIGH setting (+/-100%).
4. With the throttle stick down, pull down the elevator stick and hold the position
5. Wait for LED (I did not check which one) to blink
6. Lift off K110 and hover it in one spot
7. While the K110 is hovering in one spot slowly land the heli and keep the throttle at 0
8. Pull down the elevator stick again and hold the position
9. Wait for the LED to stop blinking and you're finished with the calibration

I've not tested 3D gyroscope calibration but I'm sure the steps are like below :

(MODE 2)
1. Switch on TX
2. Switch on K110 and wait for it to bind to TX
2.5 Set the heli on a level surface and add shims under the tail fin to raise it until the tail boom is level.
3. Switch to 3D mode
3.5 Set the DR switch to HIGH setting (+/-100%).
4. Move and hold the throttle stick to the bottom left location. At the same time move and hold the cyclic stick to the bottom right location.
5. Wait for LED (I did not check which one) to blink
5.5. Once the LED starts blinking, return the RUD, AIL and ELEV sticks to their centers.
6. Wait until the LED stop blinking and the gyroscope calibration is complete
Remember that you need to set the dual rates (DR) to +/-100% to be able to enter the 6G and 3D calibration modes (it won't work if DRs are set to 50%)

Hope this is helpful!

Last edited by ridge-runner; 08-04-2017 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Added steps to clarify 3D and 6G calibration procedures
ridge-runner is online now        Reply With Quote