View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 08:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
jharkin
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,415
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Default Slow but steady...

Another hour last night and the engine is out and torn down. I just cant help myself, since its out and I've got this much invested I'm going to send it back to Hanson for a refresh and a bit of hot rodding

I also need to simplify the wiring a bit. The stator gator is going to be replaced with a Futaba sensor, and I'm going to get rid of maingear RPM telemetry sensor (we used it fora while to clock headspeed in autos, but found its not useful). A bunch of other wires can potentially be shortened and/or rerouted to clean things up.

Along the way I talked to Larry. He has already cut his frames and gave me some expert advise on how to go about it and the right tools to use. I hope he doesn't mind I shall follow his advice and post here for the rest of you to follow along.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-27 20.01.55.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	729954   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-27 20.09.34.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	729955   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-27 20.34.41.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	729956  
__________________
MA Whiplash Gas v2 | HelixHeli T700 Gas conversion | T450 Sport FBL | OMP M1
Futaba, Bavarian Demon, Hanson Engines| DIY Lithium field battery

Last edited by jharkin; 11-29-2017 at 12:01 PM..
jharkin is offline        Reply With Quote