View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #42 (permalink)
jharkin
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,417
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Default

A few other odds and ends yesterday evening.

I got the two mainshaft collars installed.

I took the head apart and checked over everything, including greasing the dampers and head axle. I considered pulling the bearings out to clean and grease the thrust bearings but decided not to. Miniature uses such a tight press fit on their grip bearings that once trying to change tail grip bearings I actually damaged a grip trying to get them out (even with heat). And they always seem to bind up tight when you reinstall if you are not setup with a proper press to get it all in correctly.

I also checked all the ball links. After 200 flights most of them still fit like new - never had such luck with align links.

I also finished up the tail pushrod. Since Ive got the existing wire pushrod as a reference for length it was easy to get the carbon rod built perfect. Again I'm using hysol for strength - scratch up and clean the metal rod realllllly good, and then when the glue sets I coat the outside in more epoxy and heat shrink a sleeve over it for extra insurance.

Almost done. All that's left now is to reinstall the head, re-do the swash levelling, install the tail and muffler and check CG.

Shop time so far: 16 hr
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-12-18 20.45.39.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	731896   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-12-18 20.55.04.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	731897  
__________________
MA Whiplash Gas v2 | HelixHeli T700 Gas conversion | T450 Sport FBL | OMP M1
Futaba, Bavarian Demon, Hanson Engines| DIY Lithium field battery
jharkin is offline        Reply With Quote