View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #170 (permalink)
net wurker
Registered Users

I'm still pretty new to RC copters. Had a MCX2, then a V911, and as of last month got a 230S. First CP, and loving it. Already been through a few tail rotors, a tail boom, a landing skid, and on the last pack I flew last week, (pack #9) I set it down real hard and broke the skids and the frame.

So I got to experience rebuilding. I ended up putting a skid from a 300 on it, cause my local shop was out of 230 skids. I kinda like the wider stance.

So I got done with the rebuild, thought I took good notes about the servo wiring, but no.

This thread got me straighened out.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=716456

I flew one pack at lunch today, just hovering out back at work, under a bunch of trees in a moderate breeze. Kinda scary, but no incidents...it is real stable, still. Flew my other five battery packs after work. No incidents, just a fun session.

I'm definitely hooked. Gonna add some LEDs to help with orientation when it's far away. A friend at work hooked me up with some mil-spec LEDs. The white ones are WAY bright running them at 3 volts each. The white ones are 3mm, gonna put a pair up front like headlights.

The idea is when it's far away and I lose orientation, I can stop and pirouette until I see the two lights pointing at me, then go forward. Almost lost it twice now due to losing orientation.

The red and green are huge, I think 10mm. Gonna wire them up for now, made custom mounts that sit in-between the skids right now, but ultimately, I want some 3mm blinking ones for the nav lights, and mount them up inside. The big ones look kinda goofy.
net wurker is offline        Reply With Quote