View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #179 (permalink)
Allan114
Registered Users

Are you proficient at all the basics?

I call basics the following:

Stable hover in all upright and inverted orientations.
Upright, yes I can hover tail in and nose in. Inverted I am ok nose in but no so tail in.
Circuits in all upright and inverted, CW and CCW, forward and reverse. Circuits upright but very limited inverted

That's more than I can do. I am working on inverted reverse circuits currently. They are hard. Your ahead of me here

Once that is done my next goal is funnels tail down only, inverted and upright, CW and CCW.

Once that is done in theory I should be able to start giving a shot at the "stir maneuvers" starting with the piro-flip. It blows my mind some pilots achieve piro-flips in the first year or two. I think this season I can only MAYBE get the funnels if I stick to my daily half hour sim practice.

Then of course I have to overcome my fear of moving that to reality I am talking reality

I am doing tic tocs for a good while now, basically just trying to get them but without constant deliberate practice like the basics. Still not as good as I would want them to be

I think just keep up the practice and when flying for real just small safe steps.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote