View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 06:31 AM   #115 (permalink)
A VIKING
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default No noticeable change.

Just a note to the above snap together fastening strips by Scotch. I didn't notice any change in vibration level when flying my Velos 880.

I guess the good news "is" nothing changed.
I only had a vibe score of .5 -.7 so I really didn't have anything to clean up anyway.
Flight was smooth and predictable with no odd fuselage movement which would indicate the snap together mount for the FBL was not allowing any movement of the FBL in flight.

My shock struts are working very well with a nice soft touchdown with no ground resonance tendencies so I will definitely keep them. Much nicer than landing on a stiff leg, especially on a hard surface like black top or concrete.

I did remove the larger rubber caps I used for landing gear leg feet. They were heavy and that weight out at the end of the long gear leg allowed them to vibrate in harmonics which was unattractive in flight. I kept the original smaller lighter rubber caps in place and the vibrating tendencies went away.

Now that I am back in the air again I will continue exploring "position hold" with the SK900.
The entire system including the ground station is up and running perfectly so I am looking forward to more flights to see the benefit of position hold when spraying homes and commercial buildings with cleaning solution and insecticide.

The all important videos will be created, should be a fun year.
I know many of you have flown GPS assisted flight before but this is my first venture into the technology and I want to give it purpose in my application of the Velos spray platform.

Right now I am waiting on flyable weather to proceed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8110.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	736099  

Last edited by A VIKING; 01-29-2018 at 07:38 AM..
A VIKING is offline        Reply With Quote