View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 09:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lotus 7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
Can you explain what method you're using to measure blade pitch? I actually just threw a digital pitch gauge on mine yesterday and found the same thing; unequal pitch at stick endpoints.

For flight mode HOLD (TH on, FM switch set to 3d mode), I set pitch on a 0-100 flat line scale. At full down stick, I get -13.6 and -13.3. At mid stick I get 0.1 and 0.3. At full up stick I get 12.0 and 12.2.

To double check everything, I changed the pitch curve to a solid 50 across the board. same results, 0.1 and 0.3.
Then I changed pitch curve to 100 across the board. same thing, 12.0 and 12.2.
Then pitch curve set to 0 across the board, -13.6 and -13.3.

So the curves are reading and transmitting correctly. But there's obviously more negative pitch than positive pitch, and mid stick is correct for zero and actually a hair positive. So it almost doesn't make sense. I could bring the swash down to add a little positive pitch, but then mid stick would be around 1 degree instead of zero. Not ideal, but at least the pitch spread would be more equal. I haven't decided yet which to do.........
Easiest option would be to adjust pitch servo travel in your dxe app. You can adjust either end point to decrease negative, increase positive or a combination of both.