View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #75 (permalink)
toadiscoil
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I know! Most people get burned out on the sim after a few minutes. But I forced myself to sim this long because I can usually only sim Saturday mornings which is the time I use when weather is good to fly for real. So instead of going out to fly I am focused on sim practice. It is hard to stay focused but I really want to progress. When I picked up the sim I finished this last season doing inverted forward and upright backwards circuits so that was a big deal for me. I truly believe that constant sim practice will help me gain the confidence to try for real once my brain "gets it".

Sometimes I work from home and I take a break and sim for a bit but that is not very common. I also do the same try to go and create a room online see if someone joins but then I just disconnect and that also allows me to keep focusing on my training, as the online adds a big chat box that gets in the way

I am convinced that if I keep trying hard at the basics that the rest will start to fall into place. So I try to never forget about piro hovers even if I want to practice figure 8's or circuits. Try to start out with just a bit of warmup say only one virtual battery (4 minutes) of piro hover and then do what you usually do. I think it really helps to keep building from the ground up.

My next step after I get all my orientation flight is to start making my flight space smaller. I know people recommend to fly on a gym on the sim to achieve that. I think that's a good idea but only when you are starting to work on just getting the flight envelope shorter not really trying to still understand your basics. I think I will be flying proficiently (the way I see it in my head) in about 3 years at least at this pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonkonray View Post
Uff thats a long training session of 2h. My brain would die a slow but painfull death with gain after reviving it.
If i really concentrate on my stuff i can see how i make failures after 15min or slightly before. Everything i fly longer will not gain so much, but is still fun if i dont try too hard.

What helped me to progress faster is to change the training routine a lot.
I tried sticking at figure 8 really long and eventually got frustrated and thought all i am doing is 8 and still they are not good enough. So i switched to flips and rolls too funnels and back to figure 8, just to notice they got magically better without training them.
For me is the key to change what i want to train and also change the speed and size. Especially slower and smaller are a great boost for me.

I think you should join the discord channel, then we could fly together at some points. Lately i try to fly all my sessions online, hoping that somebody will join. (now will go online flying...:-) )
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is online now        Reply With Quote