View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #923 (permalink)
blarks
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghelirandy View Post
No posts here for two and a half weeks so I'll bore you with my day.

Yesterday I replaced the main frame that I have glued together 3 times. Too many pieces were missing and it wasn't stiff any more.

I made my first flight just in safe mode and stayed tail in hover real close to the ground in case nuts and bolts started flying off. Spoiler report, tail in hover is about all I can do anyway. The second flight I did a trim flight and I think it helped a little. I ended up doing 9 - 5 minute flights and brought it home in the same number of pieces that I took it to the field with. The next time I go flying I'll start turning left and right with a little forward movement.

Baby steps, my biggest problem is when I get into a panic situation my thumbs automatically go back to fixed wing thumbs. I'm doing a lot better with the up and down motion, I don't have to think about that much any more. Heli and fixed wing are opposite.

On black Friday I bought a t-rex 470l and am building it now. I was debating the t-rex or the Blade 360 but the 360 was more expensive and with the T-rex I'm learning how to build a heli. The t-rex is bigger and hopefully easier for my old eyes to see.

Boring, I know, but you read it.
Keep up the practice, I am also learning and have a 230, one thing I found useful was to give myself plenty of altitude so when mistakes happen I had plenty of time to recover.
blarks is offline        Reply With Quote